The new year is almost upon us, so it's time for me to star over again *Stuffs the last chocolate truffle in my mouth*
Right, let me get straight to the point. I need to make some changes and those changes will be ...
1. I will really try to take my make up off every night. Some nights I really struggle to do this menial task as I'm so tired and all I want to do is fall into bed instead of engaging in a 10 minute regime in a cold bathroom. Also, there's no point in using all these great skincare products if I'm not doing my part and allowing them to work to their full potential.
2. I promise to drink at least 2 litres of water. Every day! My skin will thank for me it as it's quite congested at the moment, what
with all the fatty, calorific food I've been gorging on over the festive period.
3. No point in drinking so much water if I'm still stuffing my face with crap. I'm gonna make a conscious effort to improve my diet and get fit. I used to be sooo fit but now I'm literally struggling to breathe after just walking up three flights of stairs! Not a good look at my age. I also know losing a few pounds will do wonders for my confidence and I'm sick of not wearing what I want to wear cos I feel so dumpy! *blows the dust of my Nell McAndrew fItness DVD* I'm definately gonna be joining a netball team as that was my sport of choice back at school and uni and it certainly kept my fitness levels up.
4. I will wear brighter lip colours a lot more. I haven't ventured out of the front door wearing MAC So Chaud or Ruby Woo yet and I shy away from them thinking I look ridiculous. I really wanna step out of my safety net when it comes to my makeup in 2010, so will try my best to up my confidence and just walk out of the front door instead of pouting in front of the mirror.
5. I will stop buying so many blushers. For crying out loud the last count was 54! Enough. I only have 2 cheeks!!
6. I will experiment more with my hair.
7. I need to focus on my priorities so there won't be as many frivolous "because I want to .." purchases as there were in 2009. If I want to achieve what I need to, I need to stop buying so many cosmetics. I have more than enough to see me through to 2025! When I think about the money I spent last year, I do actually feel a bit sick!
8. I will master the application of false lashes.
9. I aim to pick ten different products to use at some point every week. I have so much make up that it's easy for me to stick to the same products that happen to be in my make up bag and use them forever instead of reaching for new shades. I must make use of all the gorgeousness instead of admiring it from afar!!
10. Seriously, there is no reason to spend in 2010 as much as I did last year on make up. Over the past 12 months I've built up an impressive collection and I promise to make good use of it or to just get rid of what I no longer want. No hoarding! I will be much more selective and only purchase makeup that is unique in comparison to other items within my stash.
What about you ladies? Any beauty resolutions or are will you just take it one day at a time?