Some of you may have noticed that I no longer do Monthly Favourites posts. I decided to scrap that feature on my blog for 2010 and just share my love of the products that I'm enjoying as and when with no rigid structure as it suits me better and I was always posting them late anyway!
Anyway without further ado, these are the products that I've been reaching for the most recently.
1. Biotherm Oil Therapy Baume Corps - My search for a body lotion that actually keeps my skin moisturised is over. I find this moisturiser as light as those that fall by the wasteside for me (i.e Vaseline Intensive), but it's not watery! The rose, apricot and passion flower oils infused within the lotion hold in moisture really well and the oils combined give off a lovely scent that not's overpowering either. It's a shame it costs friggin £23, but this is the only lotion-style moisturiser that hasn't left my skin looking ashy after an hour! This was sent to me to try and I'm half way through it and Summer's not even here yet. I need to put it down!
2. Max Factor Lash Extension Effect - My lower lashes are pretty sparse and I usually avoid using mascara on them at all as they just end up a smudgy mess after a few hours. The thin, long brush lets me coat each lash without making a mess and it actually stays put far longer than when I use other mascaras in the same place. It also allows me to coat my lashes on both my inner and outer corners with ease, which opens my eyes up. I sometimes use this before my 'main' mascara to lengthen my lashes first too. It's really made a difference to my mascara application and gets a thumbs up from me. Fab mascara!
YSL Faux Cils - An oldie but a goody and for good reason IMO. I ummed and ahhhed between buying this and the newer Singulier mascara, but in the end opted for this industry fave. It separates my lashes well without clumping them and gives intense colour which I like a lot too. I love the packaging which is sleek, simple and emits luxury. I secretly breathed a sigh of relief when I got along with this as my lips were firmly pursed when handing my card over to pay for it! I hope it doesn't dry out as quickly as I've read it does.
3. Mac Jacobs Lola EDP - I'm reaching for this almost daily and am glad I grabbed a bottle after initially leaving it on the shelf when my boyf screwed his nose up at it. Unlike many, I'm not a fan of the "gorgeous bottle" - I think it looks cheap and pretty fugly to be honest. However, the scent puts to bed any ill feeling I have for its packaging . I find this fruity, but not sickly, warm but not overpowering. It's not particularly a sexy scent IMO, I prefer it for wear during the day, but it lasts well and I'm glad I picked it up in the end.
4. Liz Earle Superskin Moisturiser - Rich, extremely moisturising and just perfect for my combination/sensitive skin. My skin doesn't dry out halfway through the day as it's done in the past with certain moisturisers that haven't kept my skin hydrated enough. It doesn't come cheap (currently costs £32.50 for a 50ml tub) but I don't care. It works and my skin really does appear to love it. A little goes a long way and I don't find it heavy either. I have noticed it has a tendency to smell a little poisson-like but it's very slight and only really noticeable if you're looking for it. Some days I can smell it, others I can't. I still really rate this moisturiser though.
5. MAC lipglass in Gold Rebel - This is from the MAC Style Warriors collection that came out sometime last year. It's been totally lost amongst the million other lipglosses I own but I plucked it out last week and it's been in my make up bag since. It's a subtle soft orangey gold with shimmer with gives an alternative look to the usual nude lip I tend to sport.
POP Beauty Lip Smoothie in Apricot (19) - This was in the POP sale for a £1 a couple of months ago but there were no more left, only a manky looking tester. I was so happy to find it on Ebay a couple of weeks later and I bought a couple. This is a soft pastel orange that goes makes my lip look peachy and looks fab when worn with MAC Ripe Peach blush.
6. MAC Joie-De-Vivre Blushcreme - I'm finding cream blushes really easy to wear at the moment and this bright mid-pink blends out into a lovely burst of colour which isn't too brash on the cheek. If you wanna see what it looks like, check it out here.
7. MAC Glissade MSF (LE) - I love the finish this gives as a highlighter. A warm, pretty pinky flush with gold shimmer that sits well on top of the cream blushes I've been wearing lately. It looks just as great as on dark and tanned skins as it does on light. I was contemplating selling some of my MSFs but Glissade has spurred me on to use the others much more now.
8. Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer - I've worn this constantly since snapping it up at the IMATS and boy am I glad it did. Shade 14 is a perfect match for my skintone and wears well on my both my cheeks and undereye area. It doesn't cake and blends easily. I still find that after a few hours it fades a little on my cheeks but I'm just so glad to have found a perfect skin match that I'm happy to overlook that small defect. I still have loads of product left in my tube so it's worked out to be quite cost effective too. This will be repurchased over and over again.
Have you tried any of my current faves? How did/do you get along with them?