It's hard to forget the harrowing images that were projected all over the world, when Japan were hit by a devastating earthquake measuring a staggering 9.0 magnitude, on the Richter scale on Friday, 11 March 2011. Over 15,000 people were killed, at least 5,000 were injured and sadly over 4,700 people are still missing, feared dead.
Last night Shiseido launched a charity auction online where all proceeds raised will go to the British Red Cross’ Japan Tsunami Appeal. There are some fantastic prizes to bid on allowing supporters to pamper themselves and donate to a very worthy cause.
The horrendous damage caused by the earthquake included a tsunami wave, flooding, landslides and nuclear incidents including radiation releases.
Prizes for auction include:
· Two night mid-week spa break for two at Champneys
· Top to Toe treatment at Richard Ward Metro Spa, London
· Harrods Urban Retreat pamper package which includes a full body massage, facial, customer manicure and pedicure, blow dry and Champagne lunch at the East Dulwich bar
· Spa day including a Shiseido Radiance Facial at The Academy in Harrogate
· Overnight stay for two and Carita Spa experience at Cameron House Loch Lomond
· Makeup lesson with Ruby Hammer
The Shiseido Japan Auction is now live on Ebay and all listings ends on on 21 August 2011 at 7pm. The listings can all be found via this link www.ebay.co.uk/auctionforjapan
I have a couple of prizes on my watch list, fingers crossed!